Join the Campaign!
Maine Citizens for Clean Elections has teamed up with organizations and individuals from across the state to form a broad, grassroots coalition called Mainers for Accountable Elections in support of this year's referendum to strengthen Clean Elections! Join us!
Big Money Dominates Gubernatorial Election
7 weeks before Election Day, gubernatorial candidates had already raised $4.55 million from contributors giving $500 or more, compared to $1.18 million during the entire 2010 election cycle. Read the Report.
Share Your Story
Share your story on Social Media using #CleanElectionsSupporter. Start your post with "When big money calls the shots..."
In the Press
- State and local bills try to rein in political spending, Tarini Parti, Politico, 6/14/2015
- Democrats' Supreme Court Litmus Test: Citizens United , Sahil Kapur, Bloomberg, 6/4/2015
- How to Make Friends and Influence Elections , Phil Mattingly , Bloomberg, 6/3/2015
- Poll Shows Americans Favor an Overhaul of Campaign Financing, Nicholas Confessore and Megan Thee-Brenan, The New York Times, 6/2/2015
- Voters Submit Signatures to Qualify the Clean Elections Initiative for the 2015 Ballot, 1/21/2015
- Ed Youngblood Joins Maine Citizens for Clean Elections’ Board of Directors, 1/16/2015
- Gubernatorial Candidates Raising More from Big-Money Donors in 2014, 10/30/2014
- Out-of-State Money Dominating 2014 Gubernatorial Election, 9/24/2014
- Clean Elections Day of Action is Saturday, August 23rd, 8/20/2014