We Did It!
On November 3, 2015 Mainers voted to restore Clean Elections and to reduce the influence of money in politics in a landslide victory.
Clean Elections 2016
The people of Maine have spoken and the direction is clear. Mainers want a government of, by, and for Mainers. BUT some legislators are still not listening.
TAKE ACTION NOW. Demand State Legislators fully fund and implement the Clean Elections Law.
Big Money Dominates Gubernatorial Election
7 weeks before Election Day, gubernatorial candidates had already raised $4.55 million from contributors giving $500 or more, compared to $1.18 million during the entire 2010 election cycle. Read the Report.
Share Your Story
Share your story on Social Media using #CleanElectionsSupporter. Start your post with "When big money calls the shots..."
In the Press
- House kills Clean Elections cash advance, Robert Long, The Bangor Daily News, 4/29/2016
- LePage Vetoes Proposed Fix to Maine Clean Election Fund, Mal Leary, Maine PBN, 4/26/2016
- Maine GOP Platform Rejects Same-Sex Marriage, Public Campaign Financing, Mal Leary, Maine PBN, 4/22/2016
- Lawmakers support replenishment of public campaign finance fund, Steve Mistler, The Portland Press Herald, 4/12/2016
- Clean Elections Funding in Jeopardy after Legislature Sustains Governor’s Veto, 4/29/2016
- Governor LePage Vetoes Bill to Ensure Adequate 2016 Clean Elections Funding, 4/26/2016
- Senate Passes Bill to Ensure Adequate 2016 Clean Elections Funding with Super Majority, 4/12/2016
- Maine House Gives Initial Approval to Advanced Clean Elections Funding Bill, 4/11/2016
- Mainers Tell Lawmakers “No more IOUs for Clean Elections”, 4/6/2016