We Did It!
On November 3, 2015 Mainers voted to restore Clean Elections and to reeduce the influence of money in politics in a landslide victory.
Clean Elections 2016
The people of Maine have spoken and the direction is clear. Mainers want a government of, by, and for Mainers. BUT some legislators are still not listening.
TAKE ACTION NOW. Demand State Legislators fully fund and implement the Clean Elections Law.
Big Money Dominates Gubernatorial Election
7 weeks before Election Day, gubernatorial candidates had already raised $4.55 million from contributors giving $500 or more, compared to $1.18 million during the entire 2010 election cycle. Read the Report.
Share Your Story
Share your story on Social Media using #CleanElectionsSupporter. Start your post with "When big money calls the shots..."
In the Press
- Maine voters backed Clean Elections, but will legislators listen?, Maine Beacon, 1/22/2016
- Clean Elections Act Supporters Urge Lawmakers to Fund Voter-Approved Changes, A J Higgins, Maine PBN, 1/21/2016
- Scarborough councilor hopes to unseat Volk in Maine Senate, Alex Acquisto, The Forecaster, 1/20/2016
- Maine's Clean Election Reform now the law, Maine Insights, 12/23/2015
- Maine Citizens for Clean Elections Mark Anniversary of Citizens United, Urge Lawmakers to Carry Out Will of the Voters, 1/21/2016
- Clean Election Reform Set to Become Law Dec 23, 12/22/2015
- Voters Submit Signatures to Qualify the Clean Elections Initiative for the 2015 Ballot, 1/21/2015
- Ed Youngblood Joins Maine Citizens for Clean Elections’ Board of Directors, 1/16/2015
- Gubernatorial Candidates Raising More from Big-Money Donors in 2014, 10/30/2014