MCCE endorses a 'yes' vote on Question 5
Ranked Choice Voting is the change we need now to help us continue to level the playing field and give more voice to Maine people. Click here to learn why MCCE supports a yes vote on Question 5 this Novemeber.
We Did It!
On November 3, 2015 Mainers voted to restore Clean Elections and to reduce the influence of money in politics in a landslide victory.
In the Press
- Maine ethics committee targets large out-of-state donors, AP, The Journal Tribune, 12/9/2016
- Ethics Commission endorses proposal to shed light on dark money in Maine campaigns, Kevin Miller, The Portland Press Herald, 12/8/2016
- Maine ethics panel recommends new disclosure rules for out-of-state donors, Chris Cousins, The Bangor Daily News, 12/8/2016
- Proposal calls for more detailed data about out-of-state political donors, Scott Thistle, The Portland Press Herald, 12/6/2016
- Citizens meet with lawmakers on democracy issues, 1/19/2017
- Nearly Two-Thirds of Incoming Legislature Elected Using Clean Elections , 11/22/2016
- Twice as Many Voters Supported their Candidate with Clean Election Qualifying Contributions in 2016 than in 2014, 11/4/2016
- Private Money in Legislative Elections Declines, Showing Renewed Strength of Clean Elections, 9/29/2016
- More Legislative Candidates Use Clean Elections to fund their Campaigns in 2016 Races after 2015 Referendum, 9/6/2016