Maine Citizens for Clean Elections
About Maine Citizens for Clean Elections
Maine Citizens for Clean Elections is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization working to ensure that Maine’s campaign finance laws, elections, and government serve the public interest, both in principle and in practice. We engage Maine people from across the political spectrum, using research, education, and outreach to further fairness, inclusion, and opportunity in our politics.
MCCE Action advocates for campaign finance laws, elections, and government that serve the public interest, both in principle and in practice. We support measures that increase fairness, inclusion, and opportunity in our politics and promote robust participation by Maine people in their government.
Field Organizers work as part of a dynamic team, identifying, supporting, and mobilizing volunteers who care about fairness, inclusion and opportunity in our elections and politics. Field Organizers are responsible for implementing field plans to strengthen and support volunteer leadership and advance our legislative priorities after successful ballot initiatives to restore the nation’s first and most successful public financing laws, and to pass Ranked Choice Voting. Field Organizers are responsible for working creatively to take advantage of opportunities to build the volunteer teams needed to succeed. This position works under the supervision of MCCE’s Program Director.
- Strong commitment to increasing fairness, inclusion, and opportunity in our politics and promoting robust participation by Maine people in their government.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, motivating, and training volunteers.
- Experience in community organizing, including volunteer mobilization, recruitment, management, and training to achieve legislative goals.
- Self-motivated with the desire to excel as an organizer.
- Goal-oriented individual with attention to measurable results.
- Team player who works in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work evenings and weekends when projects demand it.
- Experience with legislative advocacy.
Core Duties and Responsibilities of the Field Organizer
- Recruit, motivate, coordinate, and train volunteers to sustain a diverse team of grassroots supporters to achieve the organizational goals of MCCE, including volunteer recruitment, management, and training for MCCE’s legislative goals.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings for relationship building and leadership development with prioritized contacts.
- Maintain and grow management information system of supporters, volunteers, activities, and other information.
- Coordinate, recruit, and manage protocol for phone banks, grassroots advocacy, one-on-one meetings, and other organizing and program activities as needed.
- Coordinate outreach activities including speaking engagements, in-district constituent meetings, grassroots lobbying activities, and other outreach.
- Coordinate earned media opportunities including letters-to-the-editor, op-eds, and press events as needed.
- Assist in execution of fundraising activities, including written and electronic appeals, special events, and other development activities.
- Fulfill other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and Program Director.
Location and Travel
MCCE is located in Portland, however travel throughout Maine is a requirement of this job. Applications will be considered from individuals based throughout the state. Applicants must maintain a reliable car and valid driver’s license.
Send an application that includes cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and references to: email@example.com Please use “Field Organizer” as the subject. Applications will be taken until the position is filled.
MCCE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment against persons based on color, race, religion, age, ability, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or marital status.