Each legislative session there are a number of bills relating to the Maine Clean Elections Act (MCEA) and other campaign finance reform. The Committee on Veterans and Legal Affairs of the Maine State Legislature has jurisdiction over election law and holds hearings to receive testimony on these matters. To see testimony and public comment submitted to the Ethics Commission, CLICK HERE.
- RE: The Commission’s Authority Over the Clean Election Fund in Fiscal Year 2019, 8/15/2018
- 2015 MCCE Comment on Rule-making, 12/16/2015
- 2012 MCCE Supplemental Comment on proposed "press exemption" language , 7/6/2012
- 2012 MCCE Comment on proposed "press exemption" language, 5/11/2012
- 2012 MCCE Comment on Proposed Rule 2012-P10 and 2012-P11, 3/10/2012
- 2011 MCCE Testimony on Post-McComish changes to Maine law, 8/10/2011
2010 MCCE Testimony on Recent Poll regarding Maine voters views on campaign funding, disclosure, and privacy, 6/24/2010
Click here to download poll.
- 2009 MCCE Testimony on Rulemaking regarding CE candidates raising private funds, 12/4/2009
- 2009 MCCE Testimony on Rulemaking regarding possible shortfall of CE funds, 8/14/2009
- 2009 MCCE Testimony on Payments to Family Members, 7/30/2009
- 2008 MCCE Testimony on Seed Money, 9/29/2008
- 2008 MCCE Testimony on Reimbursement Changes, 7/28/2008
- 2008 MCCE Testimony on New Rule regarding Seed Money, 7/28/2008
- 2008 MCCE Testimony on the Clean Elections Gubernatorial System, 6/27/2008