Each legislative session there are a number of bills relating to the Maine Clean Elections Act (MCEA) and other campaign finance reform. The Committee on Veterans and Legal Affairs of the Maine State Legislature has jurisdiction over election law and holds hearings to receive testimony on these matters. To see testimony and public comment submitted to the Ethics Commission, CLICK HERE.
131st Legislature (2023-2024)
- LD 790 - An Act to Require Disclosure for Communications Paid for Using Maine Clean Election Act Funding, 3/27/2023
- L.D. 833 – An Act to Prohibit Persons Who Donate to a Governor's Transition Committee and Inaugural Committee from Registering as Lobbyists, 3/15/2023
- LD 726: An Act to Amend the Laws Governing Political Action Committees Relating to Union, Business and Nonprofit Organizations, 3/8/2023
- LD 737 - An Act to Prohibit Government Contracting Organizations from Influencing Elections, 3/8/2023
- LD 567 - An Act to Provide for the Ethical Election of Constitutional Officers by Restricting Certain Campaign Contributions, 2/27/2023
- LD 255 - An Act to Require Campaign Finance Reports for State and County Candidates Other than Governor to Be Filed on the 42nd Day Before Any Election, 2/6/2023